Stawell recorded a top temperature of 15.6 degrees ahead of the rain band which swept across western Victoria on Wednesday evening.
As of 7.30am, 6mm of rain was recorded since 9am the previous day.
A thunder and lightning show was on display in some parts of the region before the rain hit the ground.
Looking ahead towards the weekend, Stawell is forecast for patchy showers on Thursday with a cooler top of 12 degrees, 10 degrees on Friday and back up to 13 degrees on Saturday.
Overnight temperatures are forecast to plummet once again.
- Interactive Dark Matter visitors centre in pipeline
- Ararat engineer's year-long house search
- Hurdles still to overcome for junior seasons to go ahead
- Ratepayers give Northern Grampians below-average score in satisfaction survey
- Job losses in Wannon worse than other rural federal electorates in Victoria, Grattan Institute says
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from the Stawell Times-News. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Northern Grampians shire, sign up here.