Testing in Ararat for COVID-19 cases is expected to continue for the next few days before the testing centre is closed down.
Between 160 and 170 people have been tested in the city and the Department of Health and Human Services was working with the town's correctional facility, testing chief Jeroen Weimar said during the COVID-19 briefing on Wednesday morning,
The centre was set up after traces of the virus were found in wastewater in Ararat.
The update came as it was announced that regional Victoria now has zero active coronavirus cases. The two Greater Shepparton residents have recovered, according to Premier Daniel Andrews, after picking up the virus when there was an outbreak earlier this month spread by a Melbourne truckie.
Three new cases were confirmed in Greater Shepparton on October 14 which had health authorities scrambling, however only one more case was detected - on October 20 - despite thousands of quick tests.
Premier Andrews has not ruled out a "3B" step for regional Victoria - although he flagged up wanting to get metro and regional areas to that step at possibly the same time to facilitate state borders opening.
"Think it's important not to lose sight of the fact we've only just made some significant changes here," he said.
"They are a couple of weeks ahead of Melbourne ... a little bit more than that actually .. but we don't rule out the notion of going further again.
"They are at 3a, whether there's a 3B, that'll be based on health advice.
"We don't want to have a situation where Melbourne and regional Victoria are so far apart that we can't open the border."
He said the best thing was to see out the next few weeks, see what happens, keep the numbers low bring down the 25km then the ring and the metro/regional border on November 8.
"Then if there is a 3B we can all take that step at the same time. That would be preferable to having different rules in different parts of the state because that would mean you'd have to keep the border on for longer."
FOR BREAKING NEWS, CLICK HERE
Regional Victorians were praised for keeping up the level of testing, which allowed authorities to keep on top of any potential outbreaks.
Victoria recorded two new COVID-19 cases and two further deaths in the past 24 hours, although the deaths weren't recent.
The new deaths - both linked to aged care - are the first since October 19 when one person lost their life to the deadly virus. It brings the state toll to 819 and the national figure to 917.
The two new cases announced on Wednesday broke the state's two-day run of no deaths or fresh infections.
Further restrictions were eased across Victoria on Wednesday morning, which involved the re-opening of gyms, churches and food courts.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news, sign up here