Update: Northern Grampians Shire mayor Murray Emerson said the news was disheartening.
"It is very disappointing to hear that there is another within the shire," Cr Emerson said.
"While we hope there will be no more cases, that is unexpected."
Cr Emerson said the council will keep a close eye on the matter.
The Northern Grampians Shire chief executive Liana Thompson said the latest case was regrettable.
"It is unfortunate to hear there may be a case in our region and I encourage everyone to continue to be careful, be safe, and be kind to one another," Ms Thompson said.
"It is important we don't let our guard down. We must keep up with increased hygiene and social distancing. We are not immune because we happen to live in the beautiful Northern Grampians Shire."
Earlier: The Northern Grampians municipality has recorded one new case of coronavirus in the past 24 hours.
Another new case has been confirmed in the Horsham local government area as well, taking the total active cases to three.
It is the second consecutive day of new cases for Horsham, and the first recorded case in the Northern Grampians since March 28.
There are no new recorded cases in Ararat, West Wimmera, Yarriambiack or Hindmarsh, the latter of which has never recorded a case of coronavirus.
Notes from the Department of Health and Human Services:
- Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
- This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
- Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed.
More to come.
IN OTHER NEWS TODAY:
- Visual artist to paint nature murals for Where Art Meets Nature site, Grampians
- More than 300 new cases in Victoria for the first time
- Viterra's annual harvest recruitment drive to see up to 1800 join company
- The number of people using illicit drugs in western Victoria has increased 50 per cent over the past three years