It’s one of the least liked household chores, but here’s a few tricks to make vacuuming easier.
- Get into the tight spots with a cardboard tube such as a toilet paper roll on the end of the vacuum; you can shape it to fit any space.
- Deodorise stinky carpets with bicarbonate soda. Let it sit for half an hour and then vacuum it.
- Find lost items: Lost an earring? Place an old pair of pantyhose on the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner and secure it with a rubber band. Now vacuum in the area you lost the item and the sucking powers of the hoover should be able to find it!
- Clean the brush roller with ease: Hair, threads and other things can get tangled into the brush roller but there’s no need for you to spend time picking it out. Simply use a knife or seam ripper to get rid of those tangled threads.
- Make the house smell great: Throw a perfume-sprayed tissue into the vacuum bag and it will make your house smell fresh as you vacuum. Alternatively throw in a used dryer sheet or a small spoonful of cinnamon.
- Make dusting easy: If you haven’t used the brush attachment then you’ve been missing out on the easiest duster ever. It can be used to dust pretty much everything such as books, lampshades, mirrors, books, and shelves.