The popularity of the Victorian Seniors Festival continues to grow in the Ararat region each year and October will once again deliver a packed schedule.
More than 70 activities and events are planned during the month-long festival that starts on Saturday, October 1.
Some of the highlights include free botanical garden tours at Alexandra Gardens, Ararat Regional Art Gallery’s Wisdom Wednesdays and a free concert by Colleen Hewitt at the Performance Arts Centre.
U3A Ararat and District secretary Lee Albert said the Victorian Seniors Festival has activities to suit a range of interests.
“I encourage everyone to take part in the festival,” she said.
“You’ll have great fun, meet new people and try new things. It is a terrific opportunity to explore some of the beautiful sights we have right on our door step.”
Discover the exquisite homestead and beautiful grounds of Narrapumelap in an exclusive tour for residents offered through the Ararat and Grampians Visitor Information Centre.
Bookings can be made via the Information Centre on 1800 657 158.
Other exciting and interesting tours on the programs include;
- The Historic Tour with visits to Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre, J-Ward and Langi Morgala Museum
- An Arts Tour around the region’s boutique galleries and workshops with acclaimed artists.
- Winery progressive lunch with food and wine.
- Explore the Grampians Tour, visiting various lookouts
- An exclusive Twilight Tour of Aradale and J-Ward as the sun sets on the old buildings.
All tours are $50 per person and include lunch and bus.
Ms Albert said the Victorian Seniors Festival received great support from many Ararat and district community groups such as Seniors Citizens and Neighbourhood House.
“A brochure detailing the Ararat Seniors Festival Calendar of Events has recently been distributed in the mail,” she said.
“So now is the perfect time to plan your month.”