Long before social media and the way out world of a virtual community, local shops like the corner store, butcher and baker were where we shopped, and the smart way we kept our communities alive and thriving.
Small businesses are at the heart of it all, and with your continued help and custom, they will continue to be so.
Our business owners represented in this wonderful e-mag, want people who live and work locally to really think about the reasons why it makes plain good sense to support their local businesses.
By choosing to shop local at an independent small business, you not only enjoy a more personal experience, you are helping in so many other ways.
Not only do small businesses employ more people directly per dollar of revenue, they also are the customers of local printers, accountants, wholesalers, farmers, solicitors, etc., expanding opportunities for other local enterprises.
Top 7 reasons to Get vocal - support local
1. It all comes back Shopping locally returns three times more money to your local economy
2. Get better service Local businesses tend to hire people with some knowledge of the products they are selling and provide better customer care by giving special attention to each patron they serve.
3. Invest in the community Local business owners live in the community they serve, keeping their assets in the community.
4. Create more good jobs Small business provide jobs for residents and are one of the largest employers nationwide.
5. Put your taxes to good use Local business anchors the local town and regions infrastructure. Because they dont outsource, dollars are recycled back into the community.
6. Support community groups Local businesses on average are more likely to give back to the community when asked.
7. Buy local Support yourself and the future for your family. Local business strengthens the economic base of every community.
Local business strengthens the economic base of every community.
Every dollar spent creates a domino effect which gives resilience even in an economic slowdown.