Victoria's snap five-day lockdown will officially end at 11.59pm tonight.
Premier Daniel Andrews made the anticipated announcement this morning, following a day without any new COVID-19 cases from almost 40,000 tests, the biggest day of testing on record in Victoria.
Coronavirus rules will be slightly more restrictive than last week, before lockdown was introduced.
IN OTHER NEWS
- Masks will still be required in all indoor settings and outdoor settings where 1.5 metres of socially distancing cannot be maintained.
- Visitor restrictions inside households will now be at five (instead of 15 last week).
- Only 20 people can gather at outdoor gatherings from any number of households.
- Return to work, both private and government, is back to 50 per cent capacity.
- Schools will reopen on Thursday and hospitality will return to their previous limits.
- Weddings, funerals and religious gatherings can also resume, subject to venue capacity density limits.
WATCH THE PRESS CONFERENCE HERE
"I am very pleased to be able to announce that as we indicated on Friday, this will be a five day short sharp circuit breaker," Mr Andrews said.
More to come.
The Stawell Times-News has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.