STAWELL Tennis Club's junior competition was in full swing on Saturday, with about 100 players eager to get their first taste of competitive sport in a long time.
With strict COVID-19 regulations in place, the first round of tennis went smoothly.
The season continues through to next January with flexibility in the draw to allow for any pauses in play.
The club's senior competitions on Wednesday and Friday will commence this week.
WHILE YOU ARE WITH US:
- Digging through the archives: Russell Martin cold case
- Stawell SES assist with late night rescue on Saturday
- Navarre: Named after an ancient kingdom in the Pyrenees mountains of Spain
- Trailer with $35,000 worth of fencing stolen from Deep Lead
- Sarah Blizzard heads off to Europe to compete in the world cup for bobsledding
- Police issue warrant at Stawell property
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Stawell Times-News, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Stawell's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great town.