A Grampians man is counting his blessings this morning after narrowly escaping his vehicle before it caught on fire.
The man was driving along Sargentson Rd in Concongella when he saw smoke rising from the footwell.
"I pulled over instantly and got out; then it went up in flames," he said.
Stawell CFA officer-in-charge Mal Nicholson said firefighters were called to the scene at about 9.15am.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"The vehicle caught alight following a fuel leak from the LPG tank," he said.
"Fortunately, the driver and passenger are OK."
Mr Nicholson said four units - three from Stawell and one from Joel Joel - were called out to the scene.
The matter is now under investigation.
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Stawell Times-News, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Stawell's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great town.