THERE remain two active cases of coronavirus in the Northern Grampians shire, while the total in the Grampians-Wimmera region has dropped by one.
There are six active cases in Horsham Rural City, down from seven the day before.
One case remains in each of Ararat and the West Wimmera, and there are none in either of Yarriambiack and Hindmarsh Shires.
78 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac, the largest outbreak in regional Victoria. There was no mention of the total number of cases in regional Victoria in Tuesday's update.
439 Victorians tested positive for coronavirus in the past 24 hours.
Sadly, 11 have died. It takes the total death toll to 147. 5283 people have recovered from the virus.
All of those who died overnight were linked to the aged care sector.
There are now 12,335 active cases in the state. 456 of those are in hospital with 38 in intensive care.
Around 21,000 people were tested on Monday.
Premier Daniel Andrews has announced a range of new penalties for breaches of restrictions and changes to approach.
The new penalties announced come as those who are meant to be self-isolating, because of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not found staying at home.
Mr Andrews said every single positive multiple case would be doorknocked at random, multiple times.
He said all close-contacts would be visited on the same basis.
Those who breach isolation requirements will receive a $4957 fine. Repeat offenders, or people who knowingly go to work with COVID-19, can be taken to the Magistrates' Court.
More to come.
- Grampians receives sprinkling of snow as cold snap sweeps across the state | Photos
- Two suspected overdoses in two months, amid allegations of drug use at secure sex offender facility
- Stringent coronavirus restrictions placed on Victorian meat processors
- The COVID-19 update: Your essential need-to-know guide to the pandemic
- Concerns raised over the rising costs of mulesing
- Victorian students in regional areas return to remote learning from Thursday | Opinion
- Stawell beauty salons shut their doors as regional Victoria enters stage three restrictions
Do you have a story to share? Get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from the Stawell Times-News. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Northern Grampians shire, sign up here.