NORTHERN Grampians has now recorded its second confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19.
The Department of Health and Human Services recorded the second case on Friday.
It is the third case in the Wimmera, following a person from Yarriambiack testing positive at the weekend.
More coronavirus coverage:
- While you were sleeping confirmed coronavirus cases top 500,000
- 'Stay home to stop the spread' health officials and politicians say
- Two Edenhope Hospital staff self-quarantine after exposure to person with coronavirus
- These Wimmera businesses are open and need your support
- Yarriambiack Shire Council waives penalty fees
Wimmera health officials and politicians have continued to urged people to stay home to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Stawell Regional Health chief executive Kate Pryde implored Northern Grampians residents to stay at home.
Department figures show as of Friday morning there are 574 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Victoria.
There have been three deaths.
More than 170 people have recovered, and nearly 28,000 people have been tested for the virus.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe for the Wimmera Mail-Times here, for the Stawell Times-News here, and for the Ararat Advertiser here.