REGION's businesses are changing their habits and behaviours to work in with the latest rules imposed by the state and federal governments regarding stemming the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Both governments announced regulations around businesses in a series of announcements across the weekend.
Since the announcement cafes were only to provide a takeaway service, Ararat's Fred and Bets Cafe took measures to their business model to ensure customers could still be served.
Cafe owner Hannah Cunningham said she implemented the take away only policy from Monday morning to make the process "easier" for both her staff and customers.
"Over the past week or so we have shifted some of our focus and resources to include ready made meals," she said.
"We can deliver these to people who are self isolating and leave them at their front doors.
"People have also been picking these up while they still can."
Ms Cunningham said she had introduced an app where people could order and pay online.
"The orders are then ready to be picked up when the customer comes in which minimises the time they are out in the community," she said. "We're doing whatever we can at the moment. It's another challenge. You can't be negative about it. Everyone is in the same position.
"You have to do what ever you can do while the regulations say we can."
Ms Cunningham said she felt businesses could thrive once they got through "tough times".
"We are expanding services we offer which will benefit our business in the long run," she said.
"Obviously it wont have a huge benefit to us now, but we're learning to do new things and business are bringing in new ways they weren't doing before, or willing to do.
"Now, they are. If people embrace it maybe businesses will continue to keep adding more dimensions to their business."
Since only allowing her customers the take away service, Ms Cunningham said she saw a significant jump in online orders through skipapp.
"It's pleasing to see people getting on board with the information outlined by the government," she said.
"People have also respected the measure we've put in place and are waiting outside while we prepare their order.
"I feel like today (Monday) has been the best day so far people are following the advice."
From midday, March 23, stage one closures across the Wimmera and Grampians included;
- Pubs, clubs, nightclubs and licensed venues including Melbourne's Crown Casino.
- Gyms, indoor sporting venues, cinemas and entertainment venues.
- Religious gatherings, places of worship, funerals. Some exceptions may be made for very small groups - the one person per four square metre rule will apply.
- Restaurants and cafes - restricted to home delivery or takeaway services.
- To remain in force until midnight April 13 but likely to be extended.
"The Stage 1 shutdown will have a significant impact on the lives and livelihoods of many Victorians, but if we don't do this, more Victorians will contract coronavirus and more Victorians will die," Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews.
What is your business doing? Contact email@example.com
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe for the Wimmera Mail-Times here, for the Stawell Times-News here, and for the Ararat Advertiser here.