CHRISTMAS is here and the region is gearing up to celebrate with a range of events happening across the weekend.
In Stawell the Stawell Biz Christmas Festival will hold its annual Christmas Parade on Friday December 13 at 6pm on Main Street, with the Carols By Candlelight to begin at the Stawell Town Hall from 7pm.
The Stawell Lions Club will also hold its Christmas Lights Competition.
All updates regarding the event will be published on the StawellBiz Facebook page.
Mr Claus will be in Ararat on Saturday 21st December to see all of the town's children and their parents - whether naughty or nice - with the help of the Ararat Fire Brigade.
Look out and listen for the fire trucks with Santaon board because he would love to see everyone.
Santa can be seen at the following times and places:
- 5:40- 5:50pm cnr of Blake and Fay Streets
- 5:55pm - 6:05 cnr Campbell Street and Mitchell Road
- 6:15 - 6:25pm cnr Wilson and Queen Streets
- 6:30 to 6:40pm cnr Beveridge and Lowe Streets
- 7:00 to 7:10pm cnr Langford and McDonald Streets
- 7:30 to 7:40pm cnr Brewster Road North and Banfield Streets
- 7:50 to 7:80pm cnr of Spalding an Scherger
- 5:40 to 5:50pm cnr Barkly and Maude Streets
- 5:55 to 6:05pm cnr Moore street between Albert and Princes Streets
- 6:15 to 6:25pm cnr Princes and Hakea Streets
- 6:30 to 6:40pm cnr Tatyoon Road and Marx Cresent
- 7:00 to 7:10pm cnr Churchill Avenue and Wild Street
- 7:20 to 7:30pm cnr Laidlaw Street and Bonnin Avenue
- 7:40 to 7;50pm cnr Tuson and McGibbony Streets
If there are any changes to the routes or if there are any cancellations due to fire activity they will be advised via the Ararat Fire Brigade Facebook page.
On Saturday evening the Ararat Y's Mens Club will present its Ararat Carols by Candlelight event.
It will take place at Ararat's Alexandra Gardens from 6pm, with carols happening at 7pm.
A range of local performers will serenade the city, including Jan and Derek Pope, Leanne McCready, the Solo Ararat City Band, Luke Smith and the Sing Australia Choir.
There will also be plenty of free entertainment for children on offer, including a jumping castle, face paint, fairy floss and of course a fireworks display.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from The Ararat Advertiser. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Ararat shire, sign up here.