As an ASX50 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MinRes) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Reporting to the Electrical Lead, your primary responsibility will be providing electrical engineering expertise in the design, construction and commissioning of each project and providing ongoing support to projects and operations. This role will be based at our Kwinana Workshop working Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm.
- Review and plan projects with the Electrical Lead to ensure technical aspects of each job are clear.
- Oversee design and selection of all HV and LV electrical equipment and systems.
- Carry out technical evaluation of projects and recommend appropriate electrical equipment and solutions.
- Review and modify in house design documentation e.g. schematics, single line diagrams and layouts
- Provide a focal point for Electrical related technical based queries from the client or associated sub suppliers.
- Liaise with both in-house and external designers and detailers as required for the successful completion of each project.
- Assist with purchasing of materials for projects by assessing quantities and completing purchase orders.
- Ensure that the quality requirements of the client are adhered to and that company procedures are followed.
- Prepare Inspection and Test Plans and associated Project Specific Procedures.
- Complete power system analysis and protection grading studies including Arc Flash Assessment.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Diverse mining project experience in an Electrical Engineering capacity from Design, Programming to Commissioning
- Extensive knowledge of Australian Standards and Regulatory Requirements in Western Australia.
- Experience on a variety of Electrical design software packages. (AutoCAD, SKM Power Tools, Power Factory)
- High level of computer literacy (operating systems, office products, engineering tools).
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.