Your new role
- Providing day-to-day direction, supervision, and management of onsite trades.
- Directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals.
- Reporting to and assisting site manager.
- Provide hands on assistance where required.
- Monitor onsite compliance and safety.
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience as a Leading Hand
- Have a thorough knowledge of the drawings, specifications, and quality requirements for all site related activities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be hands on
- Prior commercial experience as a leading hand
- Attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills
- Must have experience in minor civil infrastructure works and or urban development projects
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Proven ability to constantly deliver high quality construction projects within budget and program constraints
- In addition to general requirements such as;
- Valid QLD Construction Safety Card (White Card / Blue Card)
- Proven experience working on civil and/or commercial construction sites
- Working rights in Australia
- Working references covering the last 6 - 12months
- Current Driver’s Licence and own reliable transport
- Ability to pass medical, drug and alcohol testing as required
- Additional tickets/qualifications would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Hays Recruitment is the number one choice for Labour Hire in the Sunshine Coast Region. Paying above award wages, you will gain exposure to the top civil and commercial construction companies on the Coast with potential ongoing or permanent employment on offer for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Miranda Cropper now on 07 5412 1100. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2674531