About the organisation
We are excited to partner with The Torres Strait Regional Authority (TSRA). The TSRA is the leading Commonwealth representative body for Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal people living in the Torres Strait. With a newly appointed Chief Executive Officer, the TSRA is looking for a driven CFO to round out the leadership team.
The TSRA run seven programs that contribute to the regional goals expressed in the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula Area Regional Plan and have a real impact on the community that it serves.
About the role
As CFO you will be a member of the Executive team leading a team of 5+ finance professionals and be responsible for partnering and collaborating with the CEO and the Executive Team to make decisions regarding the financial strategy and operational aspects of financial management.
- Advise senior management on financial risks and performance; provide advice and support to senior leaders on financial management. Oversee the organisations budget and resources to achieve outcomes in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the business meets all required statutory reporting, contractual obligations, auditing, tax, requirements and maintains an exemplary reputation through the management of governance and conformity with the PGPA Act
- Lead business strategy to improve operational efficiency and productivity through investment in digital and automation technology, BI, IT architecture, technology selection and delivery
- Foster a collaborative team environment that shares lessons learned to ensure a continuous improvement approach is taken to project management and service delivery.
- Leverage your demonstrated senior level financial management expertise in an accrual accounting environment;
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and CA or CPA qualifications
- Demonstrated senior level financial management expertise in an accrual accounting environment.
- Strong understanding of government procurement, probity, and contract management processes.
- An understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and more specially the Torres Strait region.
- Proven communication skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated achievement of leading a high performing team, fostering collaboration, trust, and supporting the development of staff;
- Will be highly motivated, with a strong commitment to the APS values (impartial, committed to service, accountable, respectful, ethical).
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a high performing executive team that has true purpose in what they do. You will be given scope to improve performance as well as professional development opportunities, all while under an impressive and visionary leader.
This is an identified role, for either someone of Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Island decent or for someone with sufficient knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and cultures, as well as the ability to communicate sensitively with Indigenous Australians.
How to apply
Please apply via the link or call Samantha Fernando on 0402 494 581 for a confidential discussion.