ARARAT Wind Farm has announced the first round of successful applications for its Sustainable Grants Program.
Community and sporting groups across Ararat Rural City, Northern Grampians and Pyrenees Shire sahred in $65,000, which was awarded across 29 successful applications.
Ararat Wind Farm general manager Stuart Liddell, Windlab wind asset manager Shaun Blackie, Ararat Rural City mayor Paul Hooper, Northern Grampians Shire mayor Tony Driscoll, and community representatives from across Ararat Rural City, Pyrenees Northern Grampians shires attended the first grants presentation ceremony.
Ararat Wind Farm announced the grants program earlier this year during a completion ceremony for the 75-turbine construction project,
The total value of all applicants’ projects was approximately $350,000 with more than $180,000 worth of requests.
“It was a delight to be able to see the Ararat Wind Farm’s Sustainable Grants Fund distributed across the three councils to provide assistance to so many wonderful projects,” Mr Liddell said.
The successful applicants for 2017 were:
Ararat Rural City Council:
- Ararat Swimming Club – New timing equipment
- Elmhurst Golf Club – Clubhouse upgrade (carpet and servery)
- Ararat Pistol Club – Upgrade to facilities
- Pomonal Primary School – Pomonal Sustainability and Natural Activity Precinct
- Ararat Pony Club – cement floor for two sheds
- Mt Cole Equestrian Association – Purpose built trailer
- Ararat and District Junior Football Association – replacement of junior player jumpers
Northern Grampians Shire Council
- Stawell Performing Arts Company Inc. (SPACI) – all terrain portable stage
- Stawell Historical Society – Digitising project for cataloguing records and other items
- St Arnaud Citizens Brass Band – Bank Hall External Refurbishment
- Stawell Neighbourhood House – Stawell Community Food Program Equipment
Pyrenees Shire Council
- Amphitheatre Recreation Reserve – Barbecue at Recreation Reserve
- Lexton Public Hall Inc. – Refurbishment of Toilets at Lexton Hall
- Avoca Friends of the Pool – Grans at Pool Project (seating and play equipment)